Start from Killerton House to explore Ashclyst Forest on foot or by bicycle. Immerse yourself in one of the biggest forests in Devon
1. Gem: Killerton House, A family home and a great estate. Glorious landscape garden surrounded by parkland with fine 18th-century house.
2. Killerton Chapel was built from volcanic rock from the Killerton estate in 1841. Please note access is via the main entrance to Killerton.
3. Hazard: B3181 Take care on the busiest road on this route. (Walkers can take the alternative route by taking the footpath between Killerton Car Park and the Chapel)
4. Gem: Ashclyst Forest is the largest area of woodland in the Clyst Valley National Trust
4. Rewes Cross in the heart of Ashclyst Forest. Carry straight on to continue this route.
6. Budlake used to have a Post Office. There is still an old phone box here.
How to get here without a car
- Bike parking
At Killerton Car Park
- Car parking
At Killerton Car Park. Charges apply.
At Killerton Car Park and Stables Coffee Shop.
B3181 Take care on the busiest road on this route.